SLP Code Protector Discussion For conversations regarding usage of Code Protector and issues pertaining to SVM protected code.
InishTech Support Forums > SLP Code Protector Discussion > SP: deactivating user license - response time on requests Login to add this as a favourite.
TJM - 3/1/2017 12:39:23 PM

SP: deactivating user license - response time on requests

Dear Sir or Madam,

since the update of SoftwarePotential, it seems like I have no possibility to deactivate customer licenses. How can I do that? Even if I locally disable the icense with the Microsoft.Licensing.LicAdmin.exe, there seems to be no way to get this out of the SP web interface.

Also I want to mention, that I wrote on this already two times in "Contact us" on the Inishtech Homepage. And I got no answer (some weeks have passed now!). This was happening to me already in the past. Are you generally not answering on technical questions under "Contact us". If this is the case, you should at least write back and inform the customer.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Till

ServiceAdmin - 3/2/2017 10:58:36 AM

RE:SP: deactivating user license - response time on requests

Hi Till,

Firstly apologies for the failure of our support form on this site.  We were not aware of the fact this form was no longer forwarding emails to our support channel.  Thanks for brinnging this to our attention.

When reporting issues we recommend that customer use this forum or email us directly at support@softwarepotential.com.

To deactivate a license on a device in the new Software Potential UI please:

• Search for the license to be deactivated using Search option
  • Select the license and click View Details for the license
  • Expand the Active Devices panel, and then click the Deactivate button on the required device.

NOTE: Deactivation of a license on a device in Software Potential does not delete the license file on a device i.e. the license file remains installed on the device. You need to arrange the deletion of the license file separately e.g. in your application code (or using LicAdmin if using the older SLPS (Microsoft.Licensing) runtime). 

Hope this helps

TJM - 3/2/2017 11:33:03 AM

RE:SP: deactivating user license - response time on requests

Thanks, yes this helped.

There are currently no users on-line.

• Locked sticky
  • Hot sticky
  • Hot locked sticky
  • Thread
  • Hot thread
  • Locked thread