SLP Code Protector Discussion For conversations regarding usage of Code Protector and issues pertaining to SVM protected code.
InishTech Support Forums > SLP Code Protector Discussion > SLMCfg file format Login to add this as a favourite.
adam.azarchs - 7/28/2010 12:13:05 AM

SLMCfg file format

In my use case, there is a need to automatically generate a .SLMCfg project file to feed into the code protector.  Is there any documentation about the format that is expect?  Trial and error is getting tedious, particularly around the formatting for the method name specifications (which argument types get a module name prepended, which ones don't, and so on).

InishTech Dev
InishTech Dev
RBartelink - 7/28/2010 8:46:52 AM

RE:SLMCfg file format

As you can probably tell, it's a pretty straightforward XML serialization of a blob of data -- it was never designed for human viewing editing.

Perhaps http://www.inishtech.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/Knowledge-Base-Articles/How-To--Declaratively-mark-methods-to-be-protected.aspx might be of use if you're looking to do something like you're doing?

If this isnt suitable, perhaps posting a sample of the sort of thing you're looking for might help (or get someone else's creative juices flowing...)

--Ruben

adam.azarchs - 7/28/2010 5:48:29 PM

RE:SLMCfg file format

What I'm doing is, I suppose, a variation of the declarative marking, but not quite the same.  I'm not having trouble with the XML format, but rather with the method signatures in the rules section.  Some parameter types seem to just use the reflection type names, such as System.TimeSpan, but others, like System.Double, get their own special-cased name like float64.  I just want to make sure I can capture all of those special cases, or better yet understand the logic behind them.

There are currently no users on-line.

• Locked sticky
  • Hot sticky
  • Hot locked sticky
  • Thread
  • Hot thread
  • Locked thread