Software Licensing and Protection Business Discussion For those concerned with the business aspects of licensing and protection and with learning how other individuals are thinking about licensing and protection strategies
InishTech Support Forums > Software Licensing and Protection Business Discussion > Concurrent users Login to add this as a favourite.
CIS - 2/9/2011 4:47:46 PM

Concurrent users

We are implementing IT licensing in to our software all good so far. I want to be able to control the numbers of users at any time, for instance we need to give a dealer the software to build an integration with his ERP system and i want to limit them to using the service to say 3 at any one time. 

The software runs in a browser so i guess its limiting the number of browser sessions at any time, can this be carried out and if so how?

Many thanks

Steve 

www.completconfigurator.com

InishTech Dev
InishTech Dev
RBartelink - 2/10/2011 9:19:11 AM

RE:Concurrent users

Can you explain a little more about the software of which you speak.

You mention it runs in the browser. Generally the simplest and most reliable thing to do is to protect from the server end of such a system. Do you have .NET code under your control on the server side that would be in a position to know what the current number of instances are available? How do you deliver your software? Who installs it and what is the nature of the hosting arrangements?

Given a bit more detail covering the above aspects, it should be possible to work out something suitable.

Regards,

--Ruben

There are currently no users on-line.

• Locked sticky
  • Hot sticky
  • Hot locked sticky
  • Thread
  • Hot thread
  • Locked thread