Software Licensing and Protection Business Discussion For those concerned with the business aspects of licensing and protection and with learning how other individuals are thinking about licensing and protection strategies
InishTech Support Forums > Software Licensing and Protection Business Discussion > How do I get the Activation User Field to fill in in the Activations Report? Login to add this as a favourite.
wqwalter - 2/6/2010 10:10:59 PM

How do I get the Activation User Field to fill in in the Activations Report?

In the Activations Report there is a column for Activation User, how do I get that field to fill in?

Bill Walter

InishTech Dev
InishTech Dev
RBartelink - 2/9/2010 1:28:46 PM

RE:How do I get the Activation User Field to fill in in the Activations Report?

Hi Bill,

This field is only filled when activation takes place via the website (e.g., manual) and refers to a User in terms of the logins you have defined within your portal at softwarepotential.com.

In the case of a normal online activation, no authentication takes place (or any other type of data transmission that would invoke privacy considerations).

If you are looking to record information about the environment in which the activation takes place, the best approach is to customise the activation to include obtaining such additional information and supply that as note attached to the activation request when submitting it - this will then be associated with the activation data on the portal.

There are currently no users on-line.

• Locked sticky
  • Hot sticky
  • Hot locked sticky
  • Thread
  • Hot thread
  • Locked thread